Do courier invoices give you a headache? At the 20th of the month are you already worried about what’s waiting for you?
Here at ShippyPro, we understand you perfectly. Managing invoices for couriers is a real headache that occurs every month, exactly the same. It’s a part of your job that those who don’t deal with shipping don’t know and don’t realize how heavy and tiring it can be.
You too, in the beginning, when you started your e-commerce, you certainly didn’t expect to have to become a sort of economist expert in numbers and tables.
But then it happens that the shipping costs are not the expected ones and increase for a series of factors that we will see shortly. And then you have to roll up your sleeves, put on your glasses and try to see clearly.
This is not easy since invoices are always CSV files full of numbers and data that do not match. At that moment the only thing you would like to do is close everything and go out for a walk.
But you cannot. Because your e-commerce calls, and you want to check every bill quickly and clearly. Or better, you would like.
The problem of shipping invoices concerns many e-commerce sellers, so we have decided to address it in this article, analyzing in detail a problem that makes you lose so much time. Read on and let’s see together causes and solutions for effective management of shipping invoices.
Unexpected costs and problems are on the agenda
As you know if you have to deal every day with the couriers for the shipment of your products, the end of the month is the moment in which usually each courier sends you the invoice with a summary of the costs of each shipment.
If you rely on many couriers, you know you will have to handle a lot of headaches. Even if that of invoices is an important moment, sometimes it is different from what you expected.
For example, it may happen that in the initial contract you have signed up for, each shipment costs a certain amount, and in the summary costs more. Why?
The causes can be many. Let’s see together the most common:
- Fuel costs not included in the contract. Unexpected fuel costs sprout like mushrooms? Unfortunately, it happens, and maybe it is the fault of an unclear contract, or a bit crafty, where fuel costs are well hidden.
- Delivery in inconvenient areas. If the courier is forced to climb steep mountain roads, isolated from everything and everyone, it can take time and fuel that had not been taken into account.
- Delivery in limited traffic areas. If the recipient lives in a limited traffic area, a permit may be required to complete the delivery.
- Weighted rates can be rounded up. For example, if you have sent 111 kg of products but are rounded to 115, the difference then affects the invoice.
- Taxable minimums. They are minimum price thresholds, below which the courier cannot go. Is the minimum taxable 50 kg? It will mean that if you send 40 kg of products you will still pay the minimum for 50 kg of goods.
- Incorrect entry of the weight during shipment. Have you misjudged the weight of the product? Has a missing figure turned kilos into grams? You could instead read an extra figure on your courier’s invoice. A little carelessness can cost a lot.
- Incorrect entry of the volume during shipment. The same thing applies to the volume. You’re in a hurry, maybe you have to ship dozens of products, and enter the wrong volume.
As you can see, there are many variables and they can have an important impact on your net income.
Another problem consists precisely in reading the invoices. Sometimes it seems to decipher Egyptian papyruses full of hieroglyphics.
In fact, the invoices arrive in the form of non-ordered CSV files, which do not allow you to clearly compare the expected costs and the actual costs of each shipment.
If you have already a highly developed e-commerce, there are many invoices and shipments to check and you just don’t have the time necessary to verify the individual costs.
Automate the management of invoices
What you need is a tool to help you easily manage shipping invoices for couriers. A tool that analyzes and summarizes all the costs, in order to have immediately clear if there are additional costs and if it is necessary to ask for clarifications directly to the courier.
In this way, you can handle a necessary business in the shortest possible time and dedicate yourself to developing your products, marketing, sales and all the other processes that will surely give you more satisfaction and grow your business.
The solution? Invoice Analysis by ShippyPro
As you have seen, at ShippyPro we understand your concerns well and don’t want to leave you alone even when it comes to analyzing the invoices of couriers.
This is why we created a tool that is right for you and will make your job easier: Invoice Analysis.
With Invoice Analysis you can:
- Upload the invoices of the couriers to the ShippyPro platform and quickly understand the fees charged.
- Have clear every gain and every loss immediately. In fact, if the cost charged is less than expected, the difference will be highlighted in green; if the cost charged is higher, the difference will be red.
- Check all the costs from a summary table, which will allow you to have a complete overview of the exits and to act accordingly, perhaps interrupting relations with a courier or relying more on those who do not charge hidden charges.
- Communicate your complaints directly to the courier, if you spent more than you thought.
Seen? With ShippyPro you can really save time and stop wondering what unforeseen expenses you’re going to face.
Don’t stay up at night, tormented by courier invoices. Put an order to manage shipping invoices with ShippyPro Invoice Analysis and go back to sleep soundly.